Friday, February 20, 2015

Show Us Your Eyeliners!- OBT Prompt #1


"This week's prompt from OBT network is 'show us your stash of eyeliners'!  Our Beauty Talk is a beauty forum community where we talk about subscription boxes, beauty skincare and more!"




As a part of OBT's Blog Network I will do my best to participate in these prompts at least half the time. So, without further ado, the picture to your left is all of my eyeliners. I'm going to break them down by category and swatch them all for you. 












Urban Decay's Black Magic Collection

 I swear I own these just for swatching sometimes, because they get swatched more often than actually worn.  This set I think is no longer available but they make other sets which are an easy way to try out this product and get multiple colors to use for a good price. 




 Each two swatches are their own pencil, because the Black Magic collection is a set of dual ended pencils.


Left to right, Demolition and Zero, Smoke and Black Velvet, Tornado and Black Market, LSD and Perversion






Colored Eyeliners
















Starlooks Olive Green, Mally Beauty in Pink, Julep Eye Glider in Smokey Taupe Shimmer, Sumita in Gold, Pacifica in Silver and Brown. I'm hoping to find a better silver and gold one, the brown pencil does its job for the time being, the pink is a good quality because it is an eyeliner I use often which I have been meaning to test out in my waterline, and the olive green and smokey taupe shimmer are just very unique colors I received from subscription boxes. If I could buy a box that just sent me pretty colored eyeliners from different brands, I would subscribe for at least a few months because I like to pretend I am too frugal to buy weird eyeliners for myself. 





Glitter Liners










You may remember these from my Jcat Beauty post a while back. I think I like them more now than I did then, so I'm glad I kept them around. 

Compared to my original swatches these have become much more vibrant as they have settled.



Elf Eyeliners

sharpener top
Brightening Eyeliner
Shimmer Black Eyeliner
Waterproof Eyeliner Pen
I have a few of these, and given how cheap they are, I thought people might care to know how much quality you get out of such a small price tag. The answer is that these are okay and will function in a pinch.  

What I will say I enjoy though is the sharpener on top of the pencil liners, it is absolutely brilliant. 

Below are the swatches, the first two are of the glitter black liner to try and capture any sort of shimmer (there is none). The second one is the brightening liner, and the third is the waterproof liner pen.

  The brightening liner is nice to have around, I use it for marking off my brows when I shape them, on the lower lash line, and for highlighting my cupid's bow, but I will be looking for better in the future.






Finally, the waterproof eyeliner pen. I've had it for a few months, it is starting to dry out. Also it isn't waterproof, it isn't even smudge proof.  The left image is the result of me rubbing my finger over it a few times. It both flakes and smudges, which I find odd because it is usually only one or the other. 




All My Other Black Liners



Here is the pile of the rest of my eyeliners, including my one gel eyeliner and the swankie silicone brush I use to apply it. 


You may see the edges of other lines on the top portion of my swatch photo, that is because I labeled them with corresponding letters as my own personal cheat sheet for writing this post. 




Left to right; Hourglass eyeliner, Maybelline Master Precise, Benefit Push-Up Liner, Rimmel Scandaleyes, Eyeko Liquid Liner, Unknown brand gel eyeliner. 

The Hourglass eyeliner is my HG waterline eyeliner. The master precise does not give a consistently even line, I find the tip overly flexible, and it is beginning to dry out (things I hate about liquid liners). I have a mixed relationship with the push-up liner, I liked it more than I expected considering the reviews I have seen.

  I looove  the Scandaleyes liner, I'm fairly certain I've spoken about it before, and that it will be mentioned in future posts. The Eyeko liner was something I got in my Birchbox, and I had no idea it would be so intense and glossy, I kind of like it. Finally, the unknown gel eyeliner I own. There are no labels, it is poor quality, but I like having it around for practice. 

And, that's it. You have now looked at every eyeliner that I own. 


The Weekly Roundup

Because this is a part of a blog network, other people do these prompts too. The weekly roundup is a collection of all the blogs that did the same prompt, because you know you want to stalk everybody else's eyeliner stash. 





No comments:

Post a Comment